Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tomato soup and orange cake

I may just have made the easiest soup for lunchtimes ever!  Tomato soup!  I don't like tomato soup from a tin but made this for the girls to take to school and I was pleasantly surprised. .. Quite nice and not gross at all.  And easy. .
The recipe came from the old thermomix lunch box recipe book. .. so I am not sure if I can share the recipe or not. . But it is basically a tin of tomatoes, onion,  garlic, and stock.  So. Damn. Easy!
The other thing I made for tomorrow is a super easy orange cake. .. 
Preheat oven to 180, grease and line your cake tin.
Peel an orange,  separate into quarters add to bowl with 250gm of butter chopped and 25 sec/sp8 scraping the bowl down about halfway through.
Add to bowl 3 eggies, 200gm raw sugar and 330 gm s/r flour. Whizz for 30/sp 8. Sometimes depending on the orange I need to add a splash of milk of its not mixing properly. 
Bale until it's cooked,  time will depend on your choice of cake tin. I use different ones depending on why I am making the cake.  Round for parties or when I want it to look special. . Loaf for school for easy cutting.. even in Patty pans of you have the time. 
Check out my photo of my cake. ..I didn't line the tin only greased it..... Why do they make non stick tins if we still have to grease and line? ????
Lucky it will still taste good!

No comments:

Post a Comment