Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

It begins with Strawberry Jam!

 And so begins the blogging journey of me and my friend the Thermomix, affectionately known as Thermie.
We have been working together for 3 and a half months now and our passion for cooking just grows and grows! Together we are rapidly discovering new foods for the family that are mostly quick, with ingredients that are typical with the aim to satisfy both my near obsessive need to cook everything from scratch and their need for food thats yummy and in copious amounts.
This blog will serve as a record of my success's and failures, somewhere that I can't loose my recipes and a way to share when people ask me 'How did you make that??' 
So, I begin with a breakfast/lunch/supper staple in my house over the warmer months.....

Strawberry and Apple Jam
makes 1 larger jar of jam ( or half of my favourite HUGE italian preserving jar as seen below) 
 
Place in your Thermomix bowl
  • 600 gms of washed and hulled strawberries
  • 300 gms of raw sugar
  • the juice of one lemon 
  • 2 apples (green are nice but any will do) skin on, core removed and roughly chopped
-cook for 55 minutes, varoma temp, Sp 1 with the basket on top instead of the MC
-put a small amount on a cold saucer (or straight on the bench as it do!) leave for a few minutes to cool, if its nice and jammy the way you like it go ahead and pour the lot into a clean warmed jar. If not go again for 5 minutes at a time until your happy.
-I keep mine in the fridge to guard against ant invasions...but if you  wanted to store for it a long time (why?? its too yummy! just eat it!) check out Google for canning techniques. It would also make a lovely gift, find a pretty jar, pop on a label...you could even pair it with a freshly baked loaf of bread if it's for someone you really like!



Ta Da! Super tasty, no secret ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment