Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Recipe Review

I got to spend most of the day at home today which only means one thing.....cooking!!

I tested out the Coconut Butter Cake, Hot Cross Buns and the Aussie Meat Pie all from the EDC.

Coconut Butter Cake

I am not much of a cake fan (unless my friend Andrea bakes them) Anyway I was visiting my sis in law today and decided we needed cake to go with the tea. I had planned on making a sponge roll but to my horror I had run out of vanilla! So a quick flick through the book to find a vanilla-less cake led me to give this one a go. As I said I am not much of a cake fan, this one probably would have been better with icing, and if I ever bake it again I will cook it in 2 tins rather than one as I had to extend the cooking time, but it burnt around the edges...




Hot minus the Cross Buns
Make them. All. The. Time. They were awesome. ( I never put crosses on them BTW, I have better things to do!) 


Aussie Meat Pie

Golly, I love being able to make my own puff pastry...! 
Recipe was great except I would reduce the Vegemite to 1 tsp rather than 1 tbls....or we will have to rename it Vegemite Pie!!! I also chose to make one large pie (much quicker!) rather than in the muffin tins as per the recipe.

The winner today is definitely the Hot Cross Buns! mmm Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment