Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

You'll never buy wraps again!

Ok,  Firstly I have to post from my phone because my computer won't turn on!!! So everything might be higgeldy piggeldy..sorry!

Now let me tell you a story.  I was cleaning our caravan recently and found an open packet of wraps that I had left in the cupboard from our January holiday.  Expecting the worst I pulled them out and guess what?  They were in perfect condition. Absolutely perfect.  I can only imagine what must be in them to keep them so fresh feeling for so long!  Yucko! 

Now that I have freaked you out I have a recipe so you can make you own and you won't need them to last forever because someone will eat them because they are GOOD! (And cheap! ) 

Wraps

620 gm flour ( plus extra for dusting the bench)
50gm of oil
1/2 tsp salt
600gm boiling water

Put it all in the TM process on sp7 for 6 sec the 2 min on wheat.

Dump it all on the bench and if it looks like play dough your on the right track.
It will be hot,  so give it a min to cool then separate into 12 pieces. 
Roll out one at a time to as thin as you can, then cook in a dry frypan on a med to high heat flipping over before it burns.  It's an easy process.  It takes about as long to cook add it does to roll out the next wrap for cooking.  As always its trial and error, but it's #6 on my stove top! 

I plan on trying it out with garlic oil one of these days. We use these for lunch wraps, Souvalki wraps,  with curry... By themselves with dip.. You could cut them and toast them in the oven to make a chip... You could sprinkle herbs and spiced on them...

No comments:

Post a Comment