Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Quirkys Paprika Chicken and BUTTER!

Being Anzac Day you would think I should have made biscuits. But I am the worst Anzac biscuit maker EVER! 

So we made a couple of loaves of bread....
Scones with mulberry jam for lunch...
(isn't the color beautiful??)

and we made our own butter! 

Zara loved making the butter too, especially the part where she licked the spatula!

I get an immense kick out of making the normal things we have been buying for years. Pasta, tomato sauce, bread etc. I am always pleased to find another something I can make for myself instead of heading to the supermarket. I have spent a lot of time day dreaming about self sufficiency over the years......
Now I am dreaming of a cow so I can have loads of 
lovely cream to make butter from!

I used the recipe from the EDC, it was so easy and quick! I whipped in 1/2 tsp of salt and 50gms of Rice Bran oil at the end to make it spreadable out of the fridge. We'll be making it again for sure!


Lastly I made Quirky Jo's Paprika Chicken ...recipe here.
I was delicious! I didn't have any Herbamare (or even know what it was!) I just gave the chicken a sprinkle of salt and pepper instead, but have since found a homemade recipe of herbamare here
that I might made in the future. 
So the Paprika Chicken is a winner (I could happily have it minus the meat), lovely and creamy without the cream thanks to the cashews, which will be appreciated by my dairy free lad!
Look what happens when no ones watching!
Happy Cooking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment