Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Steak Pie



Meet Mr Steak Pie, I met him through the EDC (Everyday Cookbook) where he goes under the name Aussie Meat Pie. Sadly, he is no longer with us.....

A bit silly I know! I gave my children 2 googly eyes each and they ran around the house making everyday things come alive! Sometimes when your a non TV watching family you have to get a bit creative ;)  




So, I gave this recipe a try again using rump steak I had found on special. 
I was feeding 7 so I doubled the recipe in a round about fashion...not quite twice the meat and I added extra tablespoon of cornflour because I wanted it thicker. I didn't use the 2 TABLESPOONS??? of Vegemite I used about 1/4 of a teaspoon instead which was much better for our tastebuds.I also put in a big blob of tomato sauce, thats not in the recipe but I think its a great addition. I used thermie shortcrust pastry for the base and a bought sheet of puff for the lid because I had no ice to make my own!

I served it with scalloped potatoes (Mr Dairy Free had his own baked potato) baked the regular way..Sliced potato, onion, sprinkle with good chicken stock, black pepper and pour over 600ml of cream, cover with foil, bake at 180 for at least an hour......and of course some regular steamed veg.

It scored a 7/7 (7 people ate it, 7 people liked it!) 

I don't know why...but I love a good pie!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment