Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken with Rice (DAIRY FREE)




 Having a dairy free lad poses its challenges, as you either know or can imagine. 
The thing I miss the most is creamy sauces for pasta or rice but I have been trying to solve that problem.
I guess even if your ok with dairy, heavy cream sauces can leave you feeling yucky and if your watching your weight cream is probably something you would avoid! So this could be for you too.

But before we get to that recipe lets talk about garlic.
My lovely friend Gen (Hi Gen!) dropped in yesterday with a bag of some home grown garlic. I remembered having seen somewhere that Thermie does a great job of peeling garlic...so I went in search...and found this guide.  I went ahead and gave it a go with Gens Garlic and it worked a treat! I popped all the cloves in a jar and covered them with olive oil. Now they are ready to go whenever I need them. My only suggestion would be to put the timer on, I got a little distracted so my cloves got a little bashed up, but hey, they're still great!


Ok, so heres my recipe for Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken with Rice. Which I must say I am most pleased with! Another cheap and healthy meal to add to our list.
Ok Ok here it is...


Weigh 400gms of some rice you like into the rice basket (I like Medium grain) and give it a wash.
Add 900gms of water to the bowl, add the rice basket and give it a quick wizz on sp 5.
Cook 20min/varoma/sp2 with the Varoma in position
While thats cooking chop and add 4 chicken thighs to the top layer of the varoma, then chop your veg and put them on the bottom layer. Today I used carrot, zucchini and broccoli, you can use whatever takes your fancy or tortures your kids the best ;)

So when thats done, just check the chicken is cooked to be on the safe side, if its not give it another couple of minutes.
Remove the Varoma and put to the side to stay warm, remove the rice basket and pop the rice into your thermoserver.

Tip out the water in the bowl into another container to be used later.
Put an onion and a clove or 2 of garlic into your bowl and chop sp 5. Add a glug of oil and 1/2 a tsp of tumeric. Cook on 100 degrees for 3 minutes.
Add, 50gms of honey, 40gms of mustard, 60gms of cashews, 1 tbsp of stock paste and the reserved water. 
Wizz altogether on sp9 for 1 minute. Done.

Put rice, chicken and veg in your bowl and pour over some creamy sauce.

Thats it! 



Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment