Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Man Risotto aka Tomato and Chorizo Risotto

Risotto used to be something I made as a treat.  All that stirring. Blerk! Since Thermie arrived, risotto has become something I make when I can't be bothered making any thing or there's nothing in the fridge to make anything from.
After a big weekend making coffee for a local cycling event I found myself not knowing (or caring that much! ) what to make us for dinner tonight.  With not much in the fridge I went for an old favorite that has not many ingredients and a flexible recipe so its is easy to make something that will please.

Chop 1 onion and a couple of cloves of garlic in Thermie then add a glug of oil and cook 3 min /varoma/sp 1.
Put in butterfly. Add 400gm of rice (I use medium grain for everything! )  and a chunk of butter. Cook 2min/100°/reverse/Speed 1
Next add half a jar of spag sauce and top up with water to the 2 litre mark. Add 2 or so tablespoons of chicken stock (I use massel), a chopped chorizo and whatever else you've got going. ..it was peas and parsley today!
Cook 17 min/100°/reverse/speed 1.
Let it sit for a few minutes then serve it up with some parmesan cheese. 

So. Damn. Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment