Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Melting Moment's & Lemon Chicken

One of the requests when we did this fort nights shopping list was Lemon Chicken...

Being the lazy bum cook I am there was no way I was doing any deep frying of chicken,  but in hindsight that's probably half of the yumminess.

I used this Womans Weekly Recipe

for the sauce.  But first I cooked my rice as per the edc and steamed veg and chopped chicken thighs in the Varoma.
Then chucked all the sauce ingredients in the bowl (after discarding the rice water) and cooked it on varoma temp until varoma temp is reached, I used sp 3.

It was OK enough,  certainly not mind blowingly delicious! Pretty sure I won't be making it again. 

I did have one success today with the melting moments. I am typically not a biscuit maker.  I think maybe I am just making the wrong biscuits,  these were yummy and next time I'll double the recipe. .Once they were all stuck together there was probably 15 biscuits.

I used the biscuit recipe from here, it's a great site to have a look around on,  they're is plenty of recipes I'll be having a go at!   When it came time to make the icing I made some lemon and passionfruit curd from the edc to use ( and what a pity, there's heaps left over! ) is just mixed with some icing sugar before popping in between the biscuits. Pretty fancy yet pretty easy!  You could easily change the icing in between for a change.  Chocolate, orange,  strawberry....nutella??

No comments:

Post a Comment