Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Jamies meatballs & Thermomix fudge

I do love having like minded friends and I am feeling particularly grateful for them today.  I am dedicating today's post to Andrea and Donna.  Andrea gave me very helpful polenta advice and Donna said ' Hey Jacq,  you gotta try this fudge!' Ladies, thank you xx

Today I chose to try Jamie Oliver's Meatballs Alla Norma recipe here, mostly done without the thermomix, although Thermie made making the polenta that went with it a breeze.
I tried to stick to the recipe.  I promise I tried.  But it wasn't going to happen..... 


  • Firstly I doubled the whole recipe to feed 5 of us, theres meatballs left over but no polenta ( I used the recipe from the EDC for the polenta!) 
  • Next he suggested to roll the meatballs in fennel seeds, I just knew this would offend my children's palettes so I chose to just add them into the meatballs and I didn't use double.
  • I also added an egg white to the meatballs to make sure they stayed together (and I didn't use my hands I used the kitchen aide to mix it) 
I trundled along with the rest of the recipe as per the instructions.  My other thoughts are. . Eggplant, surely something that needs to be de-yuckified with salt etc can be replaced for the sake of simplicity,  it's not that yummy anyway (I picked most of it out) perhaps zucchini would be a good replacement. 
I liked the saucy bit a lot,  I think it could be awesome with just mince (or all veg) like a spag bog type of arrangement on top of the polenta.  Those meatballs took too long...

Keeping it real for you.....yes this is how I ate my dinner. Holiday chaos has taken over!


Oooooh and I made fudge!! Danger, danger Will Robinson! 
I was way too easy and it wayyyyyy too yummy! 
Thermie makes everything that you have to stir constantly so damn easy. This is no exception.



So you need condensed milk for the recipe, I make my own  using my fav recipe here.
The fudge recipe you will find here
The hardest part is waiting for it to set in the fridge.... 

Best you give some away as a gift, otherwise you'll eat it all yourself! 

'Happy Cooking!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment