Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

All purpose Satay recipe

I love Satay.  Really. Really. Really

Do you think tastes are genetic? ?
My brother (hi Luke!!!) and I  have very similar tastes. We hate tomatoes, love chocolate pudding and love love love satay (There's a whole bunch of other tastes that are the same too)
It strikes me as strange that we can be so alike, what's a weeny bit stranger is that our partners have the same gross tastes, like oysters and cups of tea! 

Anyway,  a lack of cooking mojo today led me to cook my favorite.  Announcing loudly ' I am cooking Satay,  it's my favorite and I don't care of anyone doesn't like it!  '  you know how it goes...sometimes you need to make a stand.

This is a great recipe that I have been cooking for about 20 years,  another of my simple and practical standard dishes.
I have always done it on the stove top,  but I did it in thermie today with no problems. 

Add to your saucepan or thermie all of the following ingredients
2 tbsp honey
1 cup of chicken stock
1 tsp of coriander (the dry variety not the green!)
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 tsp of crushed ginger
Splash of soy
Squeeze of lemon

Cook up until it's thick and simmering.
In thermie I winged it a little and used varoma temp, sp 2 for 5 or so minutes I think.
It comes up quite thick,  great for dipping or spreading on kebabs. I normally thin it a little with water and mix in some cooked chicken and veg and serve over rice.  


I love rice.  Really. Really... so does my brother! 


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment